Pharmacology: 2016 Current Concepts
Fortify your practice with pediatric pharm updates especially curated for the busy APRN. PNCB's 2016 edition reflects a broad review of prevention and treatment of select common and not-so-common conditions seen in primary care. Use this module to stay current on pediatric headache, hypertension, ADHD, depression, anxiety, tuberculosis, psoriasis, fluoride, Vitamin K deficiency, contraception, and off-label use of drugs in children.
For CPNPs, NPs or those familiar with pediatric pharmacology
CE content acceptable for CPNP or CPN recertification.
View Content Outline
Sample QuestionQ. Which of the following are federal laws that have increased clinical evaluation and labeling of medications for children? SELECT TWO (2)
- $85 for the first Pediatric Update; $75 each additional Pediatric Update within the same order.
- 7.5 NAPNAP CE contact hours of which 7.5 contain pharmacology (Rx) content, (1.0 related to psychopharmacology) (0.25 related to controlled substances).
- Answers are due 150 days from order process date.
- 37 questions.
- What references are included?
- Links to 19 online PDF articles or web resources (included/provided) to support answering all 37 questions.
- The following reference is used in this module and also used in other PNCB modules:
- Primary Care 2014 Current Concepts: Blume HK. Pediatric headache: a review. Pediatrics in Review. 2012; 33; 562.
- Do I need to buy the latest Lexicomp's Pediatric & Neonatal Dosage Handbook (not included)?
- You are not required to purchase, but note that it is the primary reference for 3 of the 37 questions and a secondary for 1 of the 37 questions. The latest edition is the reference for those items, but you may be able to find answers in a recent edition or another pharmacological reference.
- If you don't already own this resource or have it available via work or a colleague, you have access to a 35% discount link for the textbook or mobile app after purchasing this module.
- I like paper articles. Can I buy redundant copies of 10 of the above 20 online article references?
- Yes, for $25 on the next screen. As a reminder, free online access to these articles is already included with your module purchase. Please consider the environment before purchasing this article packet.
A. Affordable Care Act of 2010
B. Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act of 2002
C. Pediatric Labeling Rule of 1994
D. Pediatric Research Equity Act of 2003